Launceston College are looking for a music technician to join their music department for seven hours per week, £9.00 per hour.
Music plays a huge role in the College as a whole with many high profile events having a significant musical element. Music technicians support the Head of Music and music staff in assisting with learning and teaching in the flourishing and highly successful Music Department that offers a broad range of extra-curricular musical activities.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Manage, source, maintain and repair specialist musical equipment.
- Run the College recording studio, liaise with Head of Music regarding required resources
- Assist with the audio recording of student work from KS3 -KS5 (a basic coursework requirement for GCSE music, A level music and A level music technology).
- Assist the Head of Music with setting up and using equipment required for performances e.g. College production, Carol Service, Leavers’ Days, Awards Evening, end of term assemblies, termly peripatetic concerts etc.
- Assist the Head of Music with the sound and technical aspects of the College production (set up of PA, radio mics etc.) and being responsible for sound during rehearsals and performances, guiding and training students as appropriate.
- Research and source required equipment, resources and spares e.g. guitar strings, leads, drum heads.
- If appropriate, run music technology/rock/pop style extra-curricular music activities e.g. a music tech club or ‘live lounge’.
- Deliver/tutor those elements of A level music technology that concern audio recording and mixing/mastering and the associated theory/technical vocabulary in accordance with the specification.
HOW TO APPLY
If you would like to apply, please download an application form from the Staff Vacancies page on our website: www.launceston-college.cornwall.sch.uk/vacancies/ or phone us on 01566 772468 arrange for an application form to be sent to you.
Closing date for applications is Monday 9th December 2019 9am.
Proposed Interview date: TBC
Launceston College Multi-Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will therefore be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check along with other pre-employment checks.