Motor Mechanic Technician
We are looking for an enthusiastic Technician to join our Vocational Department, working as a Motor Mechanic Technician.
This role is for 12 hours per week plus cleaning, term time only on Mondays and Wednesdays. This is a fixed term role for one year.
The main purpose of the role is to prepare the work area prior to all lessons, plan, organize and implement support for staff and students at all key stages in the vocational department.
Main Duties and Responsibilities (for which on the job training will be received):
- To order, prepare materials, equipment and teaching aids for workshop use, at the direction of the teacher and Head of Vocational. To tidy up and clean materials and equipment, including breakages and spillages, so as to ensure a safe and hygienic working environment at all times.
- To support teachers and students during practical work and theory work, to include setting up the workshop, providing advice to pupils in the development of their tasks, including the safe operation and demonstration of equipment.
- To oversee the work of small groups of students engaged in practical tasks, as requested by the head of vocational and under the supervision of the teacher.
- To supervise students assigned to the department as part of their work experience programme, under the direction of the head of vocational.
- To prepare specialised tools / equipment / materials within the department and College. This will include setting up and operating equipment, training students on their uses and maintaining safe working practices.
- To advise members of staff and pupils on particulars hazards and requirements in the use of equipment / materials / experiments in line with COSHH/ safety / CLEAPPS guidance. To remain aware of current safety guidelines and legislation.
- To issue and receive back materials and equipment. To check for missing and damaged equipment against inventories and inform the relevant teacher.
- To check and test equipment routinely to ensure its good safe working order and to undertake maintenance, repairs and servicing where needed and within the limits of the post holder’s skills and training. To recommend any necessary repairs or arrange further maintenance for equipment on the approval of the head of department.
- To operate a system of stock control, ensuring sufficient replenishment of materials within the approved limits and recommending any additional stock needs related to the qualifications. To assist in ordering stock and checking deliveries of stock when received.
- To monitor and achieve the efficient organisation of the work and storage areas and to ensure the cleanliness, safety and security of these areas at all times.
- To attend staff meetings and training where required.
- To lead on lessons with a supervisor, should the teacher not be present
- To undertake other duties appropriate to the grading of the post as required.
Salary – £17,362 to £17,362 per year pro rata.
If you would like to apply for this role please complete an application form on our website and email it to email@example.com.