Jubilee Challenge 2019 Expedition 2 Update
Jubilee Challenge students Emily, Sam, Nicole and Dylan braved the strong, gusting winds and wintry showers to complete their second expedition and first actually on, Dartmoor. Walking from Pork Hill car park, over Barn Hill, down to Windy Post and then up the boulder strewn slopes of Pew Tor for lunch, they took turns to lead the route, supported by staff, Mrs Guest and Ms Owen. As this was a first for both Nicole and Dylan they did exceptionally well. Although this was not a long walk, by the end, everyone understood the need for good kit, warm layers, full waterproofs, and gloves to prevent the onset of hypothermia when on Dartmoor.
- Using the minibus safely to ‘shepherd’ sheep off the road and back into their field.
- Nicole giving a pony a tickle after it followed our trail and ‘nudged’ Mrs Guest’s rucksack until we stopped. Well done.
- Sam bravely acting as a ‘crashmat’ for Dylan as we crossed the leat first time.
- Ms Owen finding Dylan’s ‘lost’ shoe after a gust of wind blew it out of the minibus.
- No wet boots!
- Willy’s ice cream at the end!