Insurance for Students

Parents often ask what the position is with regard to insurance if boys and girls have an accident at college, or lose some of their personal property.

When students go away from college for a residential visit we have insurance cover for medical expenses, personal accident compensation, and loss or theft of personal property and money.  This insurance will also cover certain one-day visits out of college, and we will notify parents of each case when we ask you to sign a consent form for the visit.

For the rest of the time, when your children are at college or at home, there is no insurance cover unless you as parents wish to take that out.  If you should wish to do so, then you should contact your insurance broker who will advise you.

Insurance of Personal Property

We do not have an insurance policy to cover loss or damage to children’s personal property while they are at college.  You can arrange this as an extra to a household contents insurance if you wish, especially if your children bring valuable property (e.g. musical instruments) into College.  The College does not accept liability for loss or damage to students’ personal property bought on to the college premises.