We are currently looking for an individual to join our finance team. The main purpose of the job is to provide administrative support relating to the MAT’s finances.
The role is 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year and the salary is Living Wage (£9 per hour, FTE £17,362 per year).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To operate the MAT’s computerised accounting systems including SIMS and PSF under the direction of the Finance Manager/Business Manager, including such activities as processing orders for goods and services, inputting payments and receipts to MAT accounts, bank processing, journal vouchers and report generation.
- Assisting the Finance Manager in the collection of receipts relating to payments made by the MAT and the issuing of receipts for payments made to the MAT, logging such receipts on the MAT accounting systems.
- Preparing all MAT monies and cheques received for banking deposits on a weekly basis. Assisting in the banking processes in accordance with the MAT’s security procedures relating to banking of monies.
- To process authorised orders ensuring they are logged on the MAT’s accounting system and despatched in accordance with the priorities and deadlines as communicated by the Finance Manager/Business Manager. To contact suppliers of goods and services to obtain information relating to prices, orders, deliveries, discrepancies and payments as requested.
- To obtain verification of receipt of goods or services from members of staff in accordance with the recognised policies.
- To assist in the stock-taking and replenishment of miscellaneous stocks and stationery as directed by the Finance Manager.
- To enter details of all authorised invoices for payment on the MAT’s computerised accounting system and assist in the production and despatch of cheque and BACS payments to ensure all invoices are paid prior to due dates.
- To assist in the production of invoices as requested by the Finance Manager/Business Manager.
- To assist in the preparation and submission of the monthly VAT return.
- To reconcile bank statements relating to all MAT bank accounts.
- To assist in the reconciliation and associated administration of the MAT petty cash system.
- To undertake the operation and security of the franking machine, and prepare all outgoing mail, including examination papers, appropriately. To liaise with the postal services.
- To maintain accurate data relating to payments made by pupils for all school educational and recreational services, including the cashless catering system.
- To chase payments from parents and other debtors in line with the MAT policy.
- To undertake the banking of all incoming monies received by the MAT in accordance with the MAT’s cash security and banking procedures.
- To assist in the preparation of financial reports and statistics for the CEO, Principals, Heads of Faculty, Trustees and Auditors as requested by the Finance Manager/Business Manager.
- To strictly adhere to the MAT’s Scheme of Delegation of Financial Authority and all other financial policies and procedures.
- To be aware of and adhere to applicable rules, regulations, legislation and procedures including the MAT’s Equal Opportunities Policy and Code of Conduct, national legislation (including Health and Safety, Data Protection).
- To maintain confidentiality of information acquired in the course of undertaking duties for the department.
- To be responsible for your own continuing self-development, undertaking training as appropriate.
- To undertake first aid training and provide cover for the school nurse as required.
- To undertake other duties appropriate to the grading of the post as required.
Job Title: Finance Assistant
|A minimum of 12 months’ experience in administrative/clerical work.||Work experience relating to financial administration in a school or college environment.||Application form.
|Education & Training
|Attainment of GCSE qualifications or equivalent (level 2 standard of education) to include Maths & English.||Working towards or attainment of NVQ level 2 in a finance related field.||Application form.
|Special Knowledge & Skills
|Word processing and keyboard skills.
Good numeracy & literacy skills.
|Knowledge of the MAT’s accounting systems, manual & computerised.||Interview.|
|Any Additional Factors
Professional & friendly approach.
Comfortable with young people and children.
If you would like to apply for this role please complete an application form on our website and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is Monday 23rd September 2019 9am.