We currently have a vacancy for an after school cleaner, 2.5 hours per day, 3:30 – 6pm, Monday to Friday, (12.5 hours total), term time only, living wage (£9 per hour).
Main purpose of job:
As a member of a team of cleaners or as a lone worker, to undertake cleaning of the school buildings and facilities in order to maintain a high standard of cleanliness, hygiene and security of the college buildings and grounds at all times.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To undertake a set daily cleaning programme to ensure high standards of cleanliness throughout the school.
- To operate cleaning machinery and other equipment appropriately and in a safe manner.
- To undertake major periodic cleaning activities such as internal window cleaning, scrubbing, stripping and resealing polished floors, cleaning toilets, carpets, light fittings, walls, venetian blinds, upholstery etc.
- To prepare and clean rooms for meetings.
- To ensure internal security by making sure windows are closed and internal doors are locked at the end of the day.
- To report to the site supervisor any major defects in buildings, equipment and security systems observed in the course of duties.
- To be aware of and adhere to applicable rules, regulations, legislation and procedures.
- To maintain confidentiality of information acquired in the course of undertaking duties for the school.
- To be responsible for your own continuing self-development, undertaking training as appropriate.
- To undertake other duties appropriate to the trading of the post as required.
If you would like to apply for this role please complete an application form on our website and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 17th September 2019 9am.