LW £9.00 per hour, 28 hours, term time only, permanent.
The main purpose of the job is to provide effective and efficient administrative support to support the pastoral, faculty and resources team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administrative tasks, including word processing, maintaining spread sheets, preparing resources.
- Liaising with outside agencies to book appointments as directed by pastoral or faculty staff.
- Receiving and prioritising telephone calls, dealing with them appropriately including accurately recording messages. Responding to queries including prioritising issues and investigating queries.
- Minute taking at key meetings.
- To assist with the organisation of school events, including open evenings, Leavers’ Day and transition.
- To sort, distribute and administer incoming and outgoing mail.
- Photocopying and document collation.
- To maintain accurate and comprehensive filing systems for students.
- Using the schools computerised system (SIMS) to update and maintain records.
- To undertake a lunchtime supervisory duty on a daily basis.
- To undertake reception cover and welcome visitors as required.
- To be first aid trained and to cover the College first aid requirements as necessary.
- To be aware of and adhere to applicable rules, regulations, legislation and procedures including the Schools Equal Opportunities Policy and Code of Conduct, national legislation (including Health and Safety, Data Protection).
- To maintain confidentiality of information acquired in the course of undertaking duties for the department.
- To be responsible for your own continuing self-development, undertaking training as appropriate.
- To undertake other duties appropriate to the grading of the post as required.
If you would like to apply for this role please complete an application form on our website and email it to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 24th September 2019 9am.